Clear all

Wolf eggs in the sheep house?

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@jduiguid)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

In the December Join Session I just listened to @greg ramble on about the most confusing NFT explanation I've ever heard. 😀
Yet, I'm intrigued by this wolf game/hen game project.

Q: Does anyone know of a pictorial guide to what he was talking about?
If there isn't one available yet let me know your interest level in having one created.

Posted : January 1, 2022 6:05 PM
(@forgedfoe)

I just bought a couple hens. That was definitely NOT trivial. Now I wait on those EGGs to start piling up.

Posted : January 2, 2022 8:46 PM
divoch22
(@divoch22)
Trusted Member

forgedfoe wrote:
I just bought a couple hens. That was definitely NOT trivial. Now I wait on those EGGs to start piling up.

Dear Forgedfoe. Would you be so kind as to explain your process. I am trying to learn about NFTs.

Posted : January 13, 2022 4:26 AM
(@psychedelicfreemason)

divoch22 wrote:
Dear Forgedfoe. Would you be so kind as to explain your process. I am trying to learn about NFTs.

Same here, I have couple MATIC tokens but how profitable is polyfarm, or if i start now will all these eggs be worth more in the future?

Posted : January 15, 2022 4:05 AM
(@forgedfoe)

The biggest stumbling block is getting your coins onto the Polygon Chain/Network. You can do that here: https://wallet.polygon.technology/

You use the Polygon bridge to transfer your coins from Ethereum to Polygon Chain. If you're transferring ETH, it will become Wrapped ETH on Polygon (WETH). Then you can trade those to MATIC and EGG. You'll need MATIC to pay the gas fees for each transaction on Polyfarm.

The bad new is that Polyfarm's season 1 ended, so you can't mint Hens. You can still buy them from Opensea and then stake them to start earning EGGs.

Posted : January 15, 2022 11:42 PM
(@psychedelicfreemason)

Thank you so much for the guidance 🙂

If you don't mind me asking, How much have you earned and how much have you invested?

Posted : January 16, 2022 1:16 AM
(@lukeduke)

Thanks to Greg's joint session, I got into Polyfarm during the minting phase, but it wasn't free. I think I spent about $160/mint and I also and purchased a hen from OpenSea for about $190, just to see how that process works. I probably spent too much on it, but it was a learning experience. I want to buy a fox, but they are like $500/ea and up, so I'm holding off to see what season 2 brings. I'm hoping to buy some farmland today for their 3rd land sale in preparation for season 2...fingers crossed it doesn't all sell out in 60 seconds again! The cost for the land is going to be 0.04 ETH (WETH) (about $134 at current value of ETH) and $500 EGG (about $60 in EGG at current value - but will go up with season 2 launch I believe). So, yeah, hopefully I can get some farm land for about $185 today!

But, as far as how much I'm actually making with PolyFarm...

My 4 hens are producing EGG everyday, and the amount you earn per day increases for everyday you don't harvest them, but there is a chance the Foxes will steal some. So far, I've earned back almost 400 egg. That's over about 8 days-ish. There's basically two ways to make money, buy some Hens/Foxes and hope the price goes up and then sell them for profit. Or, set them up to earn you EGG (and in the next season, $CORN) and actually play the game and earn slowly over time.

I joined the official discord for Polyfarm and saw some chatter for Troll Game ( https://trollgame.io/ ) - so I went and checked it out and it just launched as well. Similar concept, but with dwarves mining $BERYL and Trolls that steal the $BERYL. It's still in minting phase and is still pretty cheap. I spent like $300 to mint 3 times and got 3 dwarves - no trolls. But that was just last night and in 12 hours, my 3 dwarves have already mined almost 75 BERYL.

Now, I'm in the discord for Troll Game as well as another one for general Polygon NFT talk so I'm hopeful that I will hear about other projects from other discord users talking about them.

Also, here's some helpful info about getting your crypto on the polygon chain and into your metamask to be able to participate in these kinds of things.

First, if you have ETH or MATIC on the ERC20 chain and in your MetaMask wallet, you can use the Polygon bridge and hope that the gas fees are low - which in my experience, every time I would check, it was going to cost me MORE in gas fees than I was trying to send...OR, you can use the Umbria Narnia Bridge which is much, much cheaper - I don't know how/why.

https://bridge.umbria.network/bridge/ethereum-polygon/eth - One thing to mention: their Terms and Conditions say their service is not for US residents...but it still works. I've used it twice now and have had no problems. But, it does make me nervous that they say that...

Second, if you don't want to have to bridge, use KuCoin. I followed this article and it worked great, although it's a bit of a process. I already had a Coinbase and a KuCoin account - if you don't it may take some time for getting KYC approval and all the account setup fully to be able to trade. https://medium.com/@CryptoCruisers/...polygon-network-with-no-gas-fees-1236f653ed1e

Anyway, good luck!

Official PolyFarm Discord: https://discord.com/channels/906253007350558750/918625558844289024
Official TrollGame Discord: https://discord.com/channels/915544060431851570/916796267869405345
PolyTalk Discord: https://discord.com/channels/911807151876472902/911954711056363581

Posted : January 16, 2022 3:16 PM
(@psychedelicfreemason)

Bro thank you so much! What a time to be alive, Troll Game appeals to me more as I've had interactions jeweled "dwarves" on DMT lol

Seems like its a minimal amount but as world events unfold and the new order comes about, hopefully all your EGGS and BERYL will skyrocket. Maybe they'll be looked at with nostalgia and be worth more as antiques? Maybe like party hats are in Runescape?

I don't really even understand how "minting" all this under the veil of a game creates value . I guess its because everyone agrees on putting value on these things? Are we all just like little human wheels churning data ?

I wonder what will happen to these cryptocurrencies when the inflation bubble inevitably bursts, will it be left standing since its not a fiat currency?

Or when free energy is implemented and everything is automated humans will have nothing to do but create art to sell as NFT's and "play" these "games"?
I like to entertain the idea that all this cryptocurrency stuff is our species initiation into the dynamics of the galactic community as we prepare to leave Earth

Posted : January 16, 2022 8:04 PM
(@lukeduke)

Yes - it's definitely an interesting time to be alive. It feels good to take a chance and participate in things like this - there is a steep learning curve and it's risky as there are many ways to fk up and lose your money. Just don't rush and make sure you are paying attention with every step - which is hard when there's FOMO involved!

I certainly hope the free energy comes about soon - I just pray we don't experience a "dark winter" that takes out power or internet, disrupting all our crypto fun!

Posted : January 17, 2022 12:01 AM
Share: