Strange Triangle item

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@highersidesoul)
Topic starter

[attachment file=triangle 2.jpg]

[attachment file=Triangle item.jpg]

So I saw these on a friends facebook......this is the only place where someone may know what this is????

Posted : March 23, 2016 3:14 PM
(@stormesweet)

I don't know the intentions of the maker of this object, but for me the dividing lines between each triangle are an allusion to the passage of time in order to tell a story in a visual way, like a graphic novel or film. The size and position within the frame of the triangle remains constant, so the changing color of the triangle seems to be an "internal/subjective" process of change being experienced by the triangle. The viewer is therefore put in the triangle's position to INTERPRET of change -- as illustrated by the changing color and ultimate change in dimension from 2-D (in the beginning) to 3D (in the end). The latter is the most profound change possible, which I would interpret as positive/growth based on the organic, sprouting form the triangle takes in the last frame. I see this as an optimistic statement by the artist, but someone else could see it as a well-behaved triangle suddenly develops a life-force beyond the expected, which they might see as frightening. --That's what makes representational art worthwhile.

Posted : May 28, 2016 5:09 AM
Share: