Notifications
Clear all

Quest for the Cup

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@midnightreviewpresents)
Topic starter

Hey all, first time posting just thought I'd throw something out there I've been thinking about lately...

I was very intrigued by the THC episode about Sports rigging and conspiracies, and one thing mentioned stuck with me. Teams that are based in a place that suffer recent tragedies tend to win their respective cup, trophy etc that season.
It instantly made me think about the Vegas shootings, and how Vegas just now, has a hockey team.

I'm in Winnipeg, and the fact that our team made it to the playoffs this year, let alone, was the 2nd best team in the league, was SHOCKING as the Jets have almost NEVER done well.

I admit I had been watching the games with curiosity as to just how far we would actually make it, and was surprised when we beat the best team in the league in the second round. We were actually playing really well!

Semi finals, we played Vegas, and wouldn't you know it, we lost, SPECTACULARLY! It was almost like watching a different team impersonating our Jets, really, I was just in awe of how terribly we played that series.
Sure, bad games happen, players get tired or injured and don't perform at peak, etc etc but to me, it really looked like players attempting to act like they were trying their hardest... just pantomiming playing hockey...

No, I'm not a sports fan that's sore my home team lost, I really have no stake in any of this. It all just really struck me as a sort of Stage Craft or a put on, and I'm still kind of in a daze thinking about it all.

I guess if Vegas wins the Cup there will be more to look at, otherwise it may just be a coincidence and nothing more.

Thanks if you've read this far, very curious to hear anyone's thoughts on this.

Posted : May 23, 2018 7:13 PM
Share: