Clear all

PSA! (PLUS-member Service Announcement)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@chromerhino)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

This friendly PSA (PLUS-member Service Announcement) is brought to you by your caring moderator in an effort to alert you to the present circumstances that we face and to suggest we all take a moment to focus on a bit on preparedness.

In this modern era of convenience, product and produce on demand 3 day rotation shipping cycle and cashless purchasing system its easy to see how one little event that disrupts any one of our fragile systems could greatly effect our lives, even if for only a few days or weeks. Your preparations should directly correlate with your location, circumstances and what you are preparing for so assess your personal circumstance and read on.

Whether its the concern of winter fast approaching with threats of power outages caused by an ice storm, job loss, economic collapse, EMP taking down the grid, false flag attacks creating public panic, UN troops brought in for Marshall Law, the election results creating mass rioting or Hillary Clinton kicking Putin square in the balls to cause a nuclear war, I think we can all recognize that a little time and effort in preparedness now would result in a much easier time later. And if nothing happens you have extra food, water and a plan in case you ever need it. Win, win.

You can find dozens of preparedness lists, suggestions and the like all over the web. I would suggest at least stocking up on some canned food and other non-perishables like rice, keep your vehicles full of gas, get some two-way radios for communication with your household family members and keep as much cash on hand as possible. This way if there is a hiccup in the food supply you can whether the storm and stay away from the crowd of panicked people that did not have the foresight to prepare. You can communicate with loved ones if the cell towers go down. You can stay away from the gas stations lined up for hours with desperate, angry people waiting to get outrageously over priced gas. And you have cash on hand if the ATM's are down due to no electricity or a financial crisis allowing the banks to cap or deny fund withdrawal.

If there was a good time to get a little more prepared "Just in case", I argue that the time is now. With everyone's attention on the political climate and other issues being force feed to us by the media I wanted to suggest you take a moment to think about your preparedness. Now-a-days there is a stigma associated with the word "Preparedness" or any variation of "Prepare"... or what just a generation or two ago called "Common Sense." Thanks for reading and happy preparations. :o)

Posted : November 7, 2016 7:38 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

I also recommend the firechat app for iPhone and Android. Its a chat app based on mesh networking, to connect each other without cellular or wifi internet but from phone to phone, allowing for communication in areas of no connectivity.
Could be useful.
Thanks for this post. Useful now more than ever

Posted : November 7, 2016 8:28 PM
(@chromerhino)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Enjoypolo! Firechat.. noted! Any idea on the limitation is for distance using firechat? I will check that out. Thank you! And your welcome 🙂

Posted : November 7, 2016 10:16 PM
Share: