Notifications
Clear all

Annihilation film

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@haiduk)
Topic starter

I posted a long rant on my @SimonHaidukArt Facebook page.. with some apprehension and vulnerability about seeming like a nut, but I make psychedelic art anyway.. so... it's on the fringe already. 😉

But now that I'm new to THC+ and this forum, and with all the talk lately of alternate dimensions / timelines etc.... what a great place to share.. so:

This new film "Annihilation", imo, has some epic psychedelic art (Venosa style specifically) and multidimensional concepts. If you're into that kind of thing.... I recommend you check this out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89OP78l9oF0

In some sense, like the Matrix films maybe being somewhat of a documentary about our mystery of existence here, this one, to me, is showing aspects of our reality and the concept of a neighbouring 'alien' dimension that is like ours, mimicking but also has a predatory nature.. like us.. we find it hard to understand our purpose here and struggle withe the concept of predators that also care for and what to understand what's going on here. Seeking forgiveness in the act of creation as it also destroys, the continual wheel, fountain and drains of life >> connected to the source of light beyond time and space. (you get it right? )

Also, interestingly, Stranger Things, among other Netflix series (this is a Netflix film), are showing some of the 'conspiracy' aspects of secret government programs dealing with contact to alternate dimensions, aliens, MK ultra/mind control, that may also be connected to a longer history or alternative versions of our history that have been hidden from us.. hiding in plain sight?

have you seen it?
what do you think?

#annihilationfilm #annihilation

Posted : June 17, 2018 6:56 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

I saw it, but was a little distracted and diddn't give it my full attention,

and it could also be a metaphor for our inner world and the union of the shadow / alchemical marriage in the transpersonal space that Jung talks about.

Posted : June 19, 2018 5:22 AM
(@haiduk)
Topic starter

I hear you. Could easily be some of that in there also.

Posted : June 19, 2018 4:46 PM
Neuron Crux
(@neuron-crux)
Estimable Member

'The Dark Tower' with Matthew McConaughey, very similar premise.
As usual, I will refer people to 'The Invisibles', a comic series by Grant Morrison and Vertigo comics.
Much of the imagery and symbolism in the Matrix, Stranger Things, etc, originated there, at least as far as mainstream depictions go.

Posted : July 6, 2018 12:35 PM
Share: