Clear all

British Ex-Pat living in Sweden.

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Nimrod
(@nimrod)
Topic starter

Got my PC back up and running and could never log into the forum on my phone for some reason.

Anyway, Hi. You might've heard me a couple of times on the joint session.
Love you all.

Posted : November 6, 2021 1:33 PM
(@gavin)
Eminent Member

Are you the guy who called in about the high bills in Sweden, @nimrod? I'm living in Skåne and ours have gone insane too.

This post was modified 1 year ago by gavin

Posted : February 15, 2023 9:23 AM
Nimrod
(@nimrod)
Topic starter

@gavin Yes that was me 🙂 I'm also in Skåne but I missed the meet up.

I sent another voicemail to clarify those numbers were a Swedish media prediction of a 4X increase from winter 21/22. Those numbers never hit right? But it's amazing how the news scared us into thinking it'd be a epic-massive bill so we'd swallow a still massive $800 for one month of electricity in Jan. I was even happy until I realized I should be pissed.

But hey, I should also clarify for others that the Swedish Gov sent cash to households straight back via the electricity companies. No shady checks or documents to sign. We got about 1/3 of our entire winter bill back, BUT - It was still far too much we paid, so again, I'm pissed 😀

Worse for me at the moment is the crazy cost of building supplies, especially wood since I'm in the middle of a renovation ffs. They can't blame the fuel prices completely because they cut the stuff like 2 hours from here. Profiteering bastards.

Posted : March 10, 2023 10:10 AM
(@gavin)
Eminent Member

Yeh they did the same in the UK - make it ridiculous and then offer you money back to make it look like they're doing us a favour.

If you get this in time and you're in or around central Skåne today, a few of us going for lunch, 12.30 at Höörs Gästgifwaregård, Gamla torg 4, 24330 Höör.

Join us! We have a project you might be into.

Posted : March 10, 2023 10:21 AM
Share: