Notifications
Clear all

Subscription Fee

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@mickfawell)
Topic starter

Bump it up to $7/month Greg. The content is well worth it and for the effort you put in you deserve it. Best intros and second-to-none researcher/interviewer!

Posted : May 23, 2018 1:25 PM
(@gunshy)
Eminent Member

I'd pay it.

Posted : May 24, 2018 12:02 AM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

Consider the global audience - $2 is food & coffee for a day where I live in Vietnam.

Average wage in SEA for half decent job is from $250 - $300 a Month, even an officer in a goverment role starts on $400 a month.

price increase could be based on average wage & location would be fairer?

Posted : May 24, 2018 6:23 AM
(@gunshy)
Eminent Member

nickzeptepi wrote: Consider the global audience - $2 is food & coffee for a day where I live in Vietnam.

Average wage in SEA for half decent job is from $250 - $300 a Month, even an officer in a goverment role starts on $400 a month.

price increase could be based on average wage & location would be fairer?

It's funny, as I was writing my initial comment, I thought, "Well $2 means a lot sometimes". I did have an accompanying thought:

When $2 makes such a difference, you could choose to skip a month, or two months, or any amount of months, then with a single $5 (or $7) payment, even once a year, you could download all of the Plus show episodes you want, including the archives. That's bound to keep you busy, and if I was the one putting out the content, I would understand you doing that to better fit your budget.

I prefer to pay by month if I can, and not really even to stay current on the topics. Mostly because I just believe in THC, and I'd like to think it's understood if you can't pay every month. I just went through some weird financial stuff and didn't have THC for a couple months. I missed it, but I'm fine.

Posted : May 24, 2018 7:32 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

$2/months increase means $24 increase per month. I listen to THC more than I listen to apple music and their $10/month subscription so for me that's worth it still.
I'm thinking however, of paying the subscription via crypto next time, if that is still an option.

Posted : May 25, 2018 2:09 AM
(@hatzman)
Eminent Member

Hi Greg. I'll happily pay the extra $2.

Maybe If you did tiers or something for this who can't afford the extra $2?

Posted : June 4, 2018 9:06 PM
(@cedomri)

Hello everyone, has anyone had any trouble logging in recently?

I was asked to update my bank details today, even though since Gregg raised the subscription fee $8/month, it's been working fine. The confusion is that I just entered my bank details as required and I still have no access to the Plus programme.

Any thoughts?

Posted : February 16, 2019 1:01 PM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

You may want to email him about that.

Posted : February 16, 2019 5:25 PM
(@cedomri)

Thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't sure how it's best to go about it. I'll give it a try!

Posted : February 17, 2019 12:44 PM
(@cedomri)

enjoypolo wrote: You may want to email him about that.

Any ideas where I can find his email address? Sorry to bother you.

Posted : February 17, 2019 1:46 PM
(@cedomri)

Thank you for the suggestion. I couldn't find his email but realised I could message him via the notification post where he mentioned that the site underwent changes.

Posted : February 17, 2019 1:53 PM
(@cedomri)

Thanks for the advice. All sorted now 🙂

Posted : February 19, 2019 4:54 PM
Share: