Notifications
Clear all

Where might one find...?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@keepoffgrass)
Topic starter

Never tried them before, and it's time for an awakening. So I'm wonder how to find mushrooms and how to go about taking them.

Posted : February 21, 2019 11:08 AM
fiddle1tiime
(@fiddle1tiime)

I remember a comedian saying the best way to get them is just ask your dirtiest friend .. it's been true.

Posted : February 21, 2019 1:18 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

Depending where you are, you can buy grow kits on line.

Posted : February 22, 2019 1:03 AM
(@cheriethc)

In a cow paddock after rain and a full moon, but beware of the blue meanies !!

Posted : March 5, 2019 8:06 AM
enjoypolo
(@enjoypolo)
Member Moderator

I recently read the book by Paul Stamets: Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World. It's a great guide book, and an essential read if you really want to go psilo-mushroom hunting.
I was surprised to learn how common psychedelic mushrooms are, and chances are, if you live on the West Coast of US,Canada to Alaska, they are growing near by.
In fact Stamets' idea is that they grow nearby human populations, suggesting that perhaps, they are working to get our attention somehow (fascinating idea). Synchronistically, I've since seen psilo-looking mushrooms growing on compost-soils in gardens, and I have taken a sample back home to find signs (never try if you don't know what you're looking at, not worth it)

But most importantly, it's critical that you know how to correctly identify them, because people do get carried away and accidentally pick a variety. I know that at this moment I'm way too inexperienced to even dare to try it. But hey, it's not impossible.

Hope this helps a bit

PS: There's also subreddits (r/shrooms) that can help you in your quest.

Posted : March 5, 2019 5:52 PM
Share: