0 Likes
akimondo
(@akimondo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Happy you liked it, thanks!

Posted : December 18, 2016 7:14 PM
(@emanymton)

Even if the things sw2 says about america are true (and i'm sure they are in general) to me his or her opinion in no way validates any of donald marshals claims.
Sorry sw2 but your rants and your anger seem to have little to do with the dm episode (which was lame and self serving).

Posted : January 19, 2017 1:40 PM
(@naphtha)
Trusted Member

Donald weaved a tale, but if you break down the bullet points like Akimondo did, a sane person can't come back to finding truth in Donalds claims

Posted : January 27, 2017 6:05 PM
(@thecarlwood)
Bossman Admin

Yeah, I didn't get a lot out of Donald Marshall's appearance outside of entertainment value, but we still like episodes like that once in a while, right?

Posted : January 27, 2017 11:10 PM
Sage6980
(@chuckywucky80gmail-com)

I like Donald and truly think his story needs to be investigated. I just don't see someone making it all up and for what reason. Sheeple are always so quick to think they know the worlds secrets lol It's actually sad because we know nothing. I would think a top notch show like this would enjoy Donald with a open mind.

Posted : January 28, 2017 8:21 AM
sololmon
(@sololmon)

It's true we can't be sure of the truth, and I believe that akimondo did handle this with an open mind. But an open mind with no analytical thinking is like sex with no protection. The thing now gestating inside you becomes a parasite, drawing on you for sustenance greedily, ensuring it's own life while taking time and energy away from you and your preexisting life. It can be a blessing or a curse, and who knows if it's right, but using protection can help ensure that only the most suitable of mates and situations are used and created. In this case, it is literally the man more than the information who is being questioned. Any attempted verification of his information will doubtlessly be a failure as he tells you of course, this is something they're going to hide. So, instead he looked at the messenger. The indications for schizophrenia in the way he displays means that even if some of his information is based in fact, his interpretation, perspective, and communication of these facts are called in to question. It becomes akin to finding a needle in a hay stack to find truth in his rants that you can truly state that you understand the reasoning and delivery of. I worked with a man whose cousin fed him too much LSD, and then whispered comspiratorial bullshit in his ear while he 'slept'. Many of his stories had this same flair, and all of them shared the same ego-centric view as Donald's. It was a labor job, and on the slow days, I often conversed with him, since at least it was interesting. While his was more directly military related, everything revolved around him, and was a game of figuring out the truth. I didn't manage to finish Donald's interview, it reminded me a bit too much of my coworker, a situation that ended sadly (Jade Helm was happening towards the end of the time I knew him, and the Seals were using the lake we worked at for exercises, and that finally pushed him over the edge). That being said, if the similarities further continue to pile up, then I would suggest that we are looking at a man's journey to premature enlightenment. With no proper structure to consider his internal situation, it often gets blamed on external forces, leading to a cancerous epic that will slowly consumes one's life. Drowning them in the sand of a very lovely beach they may notice if they simply rolled over. It seems a shame to me.

Posted : January 28, 2017 4:44 PM
(@naphtha)
Trusted Member

I have probably listened to the Donald show the most, because I find it to be the most entertaining I would say. But hey you gotta have those guys on there to spill their tale. Where else would they go if THE conspiracy channel wont even have them. Cant censor them, let them speak and the people judge.

Posted : January 31, 2017 4:27 AM
bigskybandit
(@bigskybandit)

Wow, this thread has been an absolute delight to read (took maybe 15 minutes, how's my time?). Thank you all for sharing and most of all our humble thread host, Akimondo! Your structured response was more than a breath of fresh air. I'm so glad you copied many of sw's comments into your replies because I can no longer view his work. Good Vibes to all!

Cheers,

BigSkyBandit

Posted : February 14, 2017 4:16 AM
trintdaddy
(@trintdaddy)
Estimable Member

i love this thread!

Posted : February 14, 2017 6:51 AM
akimondo
(@akimondo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

TheCarlwood wrote: Yeah, I didn't get a lot out of Donald Marshall's appearance outside of entertainment value, but we still like episodes like that once in a while, right?

Yes, I was going to give it 5 stars, for the entertainment value, but when I saw comments from people actually believing Don, I gave it 1. Simply not to add to the confusion that it was a true story...

Posted : February 16, 2017 8:23 PM
akimondo
(@akimondo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

bigskybandit wrote: Wow, this thread has been an absolute delight to read (took maybe 15 minutes, how's my time?). Thank you all for sharing and most of all our humble thread host, Akimondo! Your structured response was more than a breath of fresh air. I'm so glad you copied many of sw's comments into your replies because I can no longer view his work. Good Vibes to all!

Cheers,

BigSkyBandit

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

Posted : February 16, 2017 8:25 PM
akimondo
(@akimondo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

trintdaddy wrote: i love this thread!

Thank you!

Posted : February 16, 2017 8:27 PM
akimondo
(@akimondo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

naphtha wrote: I have probably listened to the Donald show the most, because I find it to be the most entertaining I would say. But hey you gotta have those guys on there to spill their tale. Where else would they go if THE conspiracy channel wont even have them. Cant censor them, let them speak and the people judge.

I fully agree, everyone should be free to tell their story and everyone should be free to make their mind up!

Posted : February 16, 2017 8:29 PM
akimondo
(@akimondo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

sololmon wrote: It's true we can't be sure of the truth, and I believe that akimondo did handle this with an open mind. But an open mind with no analytical thinking is like sex with no protection. The thing now gestating inside you becomes a parasite, drawing on you for sustenance greedily, ensuring it's own life while taking time and energy away from you and your preexisting life. It can be a blessing or a curse, and who knows if it's right, but using protection can help ensure that only the most suitable of mates and situations are used and created. In this case, it is literally the man more than the information who is being questioned. Any attempted verification of his information will doubtlessly be a failure as he tells you of course, this is something they're going to hide. So, instead he looked at the messenger. The indications for schizophrenia in the way he displays means that even if some of his information is based in fact, his interpretation, perspective, and communication of these facts are called in to question. It becomes akin to finding a needle in a hay stack to find truth in his rants that you can truly state that you understand the reasoning and delivery of. I worked with a man whose cousin fed him too much LSD, and then whispered comspiratorial bullshit in his ear while he 'slept'. Many of his stories had this same flair, and all of them shared the same ego-centric view as Donald's. It was a labor job, and on the slow days, I often conversed with him, since at least it was interesting. While his was more directly military related, everything revolved around him, and was a game of figuring out the truth. I didn't manage to finish Donald's interview, it reminded me a bit too much of my coworker, a situation that ended sadly (Jade Helm was happening towards the end of the time I knew him, and the Seals were using the lake we worked at for exercises, and that finally pushed him over the edge). That being said, if the similarities further continue to pile up, then I would suggest that we are looking at a man's journey to premature enlightenment. With no proper structure to consider his internal situation, it often gets blamed on external forces, leading to a cancerous epic that will slowly consumes one's life. Drowning them in the sand of a very lovely beach they may notice if they simply rolled over. It seems a shame to me.

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear about your co-worker!

Posted : February 16, 2017 8:34 PM
bbow73
(@bbow73)

I like to think that I have an open mind. I believe a few of the "20 & Back" testimonies even though there is ZERO evidence to back up what they say. But, Donald Marshall is one that I really cant' take, the way he talks give me the creeps. Thanks to akimondo for articulating the itch I couldn't scratch.

"yea... those damn nano-diamonds" -Greg Carlwood

Posted : October 23, 2017 5:19 AM
Page 2 / 2
Share: