Austin Coppock | As...

Notifications
Clear all

Austin Coppock | Assessing Omens, Divine Kingship, The Picatrix, & Astrological Magic

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@tinafrissora)
Topic starter

I always enjoy hearing Austin Coppock's astrological musings! I loved that for the upcoming Saturn/Mars conjunction, Austin offered a suggestion for channeling that potentially negative energy in our live by "giving the energy somewhere to go." I hadn't considered how by knowing what effects to expect, I could at least not be surprised/taken off guard, but also plan certain actions as an outlet for that energy - both good & bad!

Posted : February 6, 2018 9:15 PM
(@atlantickush)

Im a complete newb to astrology and austin seems pretty switched on! I love how he said he started out trying to debunk it and ended up finding truth there. Its definitely a brave choice to turn it into a career. My research on the topic basically has to be in secret

Posted : February 8, 2018 2:18 PM
(@tinafrissora)
Topic starter

Why in secret, if I may ask? I have family that I also filter/shield some of my research and interests from out of fear for what they will think of me based on their religious views.

Posted : March 22, 2018 7:34 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

The good old Gordon white suggests to review a few different astrologers monthly output and look back at the end of the month to see which is the most useful for you. A journal is useful to check back on events, or a calendar entry for the various planet movements.
the hit rate for me is around 70%, some have been very spot on.

Along with austin coppick try
Astrology zone
Astrology King

Posted : March 24, 2018 4:58 AM
(@atlantickush)

tinafrissora wrote: Why in secret, if I may ask? I have family that I also filter/shield some of my research and interests from out of fear for what they will think of me based on their religious views.

Hi Tina. Thanks for asking because its making me rethink what I said. My career is highly scientific, I work in cartography (map making) and therefore am supposed to hold a particular set of views about the natural world to do my job. Although there may be plenty of others in my office who question materialism with good reason, there are most certainly a lot of others who will make your life hell for not towing the line. It's very difficult at times because I'm really outspoken and quite often hear people say things that are really narrow minded but have to bite my tongue. I'm already thought of as the fringe guy based on my music taste and appearance. But if anything it makes me realise I should probably look for a job where I can be myself. It's a work in progress. Are you an astrologer yourself?

Posted : March 24, 2018 1:19 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

atlantickush wrote: Hi Tina. Thanks for asking because its making me rethink what I said. My career is highly scientific, I work in cartography (map making) and therefore am supposed to hold a particular set of views about the natural world to do my job. Although there may be plenty of others in my office who question materialism with good reason, there are most certainly a lot of others who will make your life hell for not towing the line. It's very difficult at times because I'm really outspoken and quite often hear people say things that are really narrow minded but have to bite my tongue. I'm already thought of as the fringe guy based on my music taste and appearance. But if anything it makes me realise I should probably look for a job where I can be myself. It's a work in progress. Are you an astrologer yourself?

Yes been there, I'm sure co-workers used to hang a topic out there while I was in ear shot and I would bite their lure.

As I've gotten older & maybe a little wiser my focus has turned inward & to the Jungian concept of Self, for numerous reasons I didn't have an internal sense of self it was co-dependant & external.

As part of my inner work I read this some time ago and I found it sums up a party of the journey I took. And gave reason to why some are quite militant with their espousing. (flat earthers!)

"when we lack an internal sense of truth, meaning, or value, we will seek after external models to live by. Once we have found models that suit us, we then impose them upon our own expression and behaviors. After that, we “naturally” seek to impose them on others as well–for “their own good” of course, but really for our own safety and comfort and to ensure that those adopted values–our crucial fictions–are never questioned. To silence all voices of dissent, both inner and outer, and avoid all “contrapuntal conflict.”"

https://auticulture.wordpress.com/2017/09/27/a-critical-divide-part-three-of-four-lend-me-your-eyes/

Of course I've no idea where you're at but for me gaining that inner sense of Self /inner peace gave me pause when I now encounter baiting conversations.

There's a few names for it The Self, inner world, individuation, internal flame, inner spirit, kingdom within, Soul etc, etc.

The Path of the Fool, The Hero's Journey, Shadow work or Individuation are ways to get you there.

From my own personal experience I know, finding and keeping that "One Thing" is a worthy endevour.

Posted : March 25, 2018 5:38 AM
(@atlantickush)

nickzeptepi wrote: Yes been there, I'm sure co-workers used to hang a topic out there while I was in ear shot and I would bite their lure.

As I've gotten older & maybe a little wiser my focus has turned inward & to the Jungian concept of Self, for numerous reasons I didn't have an internal sense of self it was co-dependant & external.

As part of my inner work I read this some time ago and I found it sums up a party of the journey I took. And gave reason to why some are quite militant with their espousing. (flat earthers!)

"when we lack an internal sense of truth, meaning, or value, we will seek after external models to live by. Once we have found models that suit us, we then impose them upon our own expression and behaviors. After that, we “naturally” seek to impose them on others as well–for “their own good” of course, but really for our own safety and comfort and to ensure that those adopted values–our crucial fictions–are never questioned. To silence all voices of dissent, both inner and outer, and avoid all “contrapuntal conflict.”"

https://auticulture.wordpress.com/2017/09/27/a-critical-divide-part-three-of-four-lend-me-your-eyes/

Of course I've no idea where you're at but for me gaining that inner sense of Self /inner peace gave me pause when I now encounter baiting conversations.

There's a few names for it The Self, inner world, individuation, internal flame, inner spirit, kingdom within, Soul etc, etc.

The Path of the Fool, The Hero's Journey, Shadow work or Individuation are ways to get you there.

From my own personal experience I know, finding and keeping that "One Thing" is a worthy endevour.

Posted : March 25, 2018 7:44 PM
(@atlantickush)

nickzeptepi wrote: Yes been there, I'm sure co-workers used to hang a topic out there while I was in ear shot and I would bite their lure.

It was so nice to read your comment this morning before I began my day, and to be reminded by someone of something I know but easily forget. I am still reading jung two years after finding the red book. Me and a friend who is a therapist meet up for long walks in the wilderness and discuss jung ideas tirelessly. He has written so much insightful stuff it is hard to remember the right stuff for the right occasion! I now have a folder I am filling up with notes from his books.
On the topic of this conversation, I read over Christmas a chapter of his about the 'vocation', by which he meant an inner meaning, or a calling. He said 'once a person has answered their calling and broke from convention, he must serve this calling, or else it is simply a creative adaptation. The greater part of this work is in making the choice to do this, since convention is what keeps people unconscious.' in the same chapter he said something to the effect of when answering this calling, it basically means that isolation is inevitable (I can't find the quote).
Again, it was a very helpful comment from you. I had a run-in with an ex who was testing me and your reminder stayed with me.

Posted : March 25, 2018 7:58 PM
nickzeptepi
(@nickzeptepi)
Honorable Member

atlantickush wrote: It was so nice to read your comment this morning before I began my day, and to be reminded by someone of something I know but easily forget. I am still reading jung two years after finding the red book. Me and a friend who is a therapist meet up for long walks in the wilderness and discuss jung ideas tirelessly. He has written so much insightful stuff it is hard to remember the right stuff for the right occasion! I now have a folder I am filling up with notes from his books.
On the topic of this conversation, I read over Christmas a chapter of his about the 'vocation', by which he meant an inner meaning, or a calling. He said 'once a person has answered their calling and broke from convention, he must serve this calling, or else it is simply a creative adaptation. The greater part of this work is in making the choice to do this, since convention is what keeps people unconscious.' in the same chapter he said something to the effect of when answering this calling, it basically means that isolation is inevitable (I can't find the quote).
Again, it was a very helpful comment from you. I had a run-in with an ex who was testing me and your reminder stayed with me.

Synchronicity!!

The quote you mentioned, I think links into the theme of when one walks the path of individuation/fool/hero of one's calling it is often because the current family/friends/social situation does not allow the True Self to incarnate and separation with some isolation is necessary to give the Self more opportunity to reside in the individuated body.

Donald Kalshed describes the false self if it remains dominant becomes a diabolical caretaker and starts to bring about bodily death (I presume as it knows the True Self linked to that body will be released to re-incarnate in a new body)

I did some research on the topic and blogged a little summary
https://healingthehero.wordpress.com/2017/10/24/life-with-a-diabolical-caretaker-jailer/

Posted : March 26, 2018 10:34 AM
(@atlantickush)

nickzeptepi wrote: Synchronicity!!

The quote you mentioned, I think links into the theme of when one walks the path of individuation/fool/hero of one's calling it is often because the current family/friends/social situation does not allow the True Self to incarnate and separation with some isolation is necessary to give the Self more opportunity to reside in the individuated body.

Donald Kalshed describes the false self if it remains dominant becomes a diabolical caretaker and starts to bring about bodily death (I presume as it knows the True Self linked to that body will be released to re-incarnate in a new body)

I did some research on the topic and blogged a little summary
https://healingthehero.wordpress.com/2017/10/24/life-with-a-diabolical-caretaker-jailer/

Wow what a post! I have only had time to read the one article, which I found very profound. I share those sentiments but also learned a great deal from you, thank you.
Something really striking home is this image of the infant being protected by the guardian angel. I won't go into detail because we are online and I know someone will be listening ☺ I'm sure you understand. I will be telling my friend about your website and will look into Donald kalshed.
Every day I am coming to realise that the real, deeper self when aligned with the numinous is capable of the extraordinary, the fictitous even. I have turned a corner on matters of the spirit in the past few years, I'm sure it is a stereotypical story, and I sometimes wonder if hard reality will bite me on the bum in the future. All in all, it just seems so self evident to me at the moment that as jung said, the psyche IS looking to establish equilibrium, and the potential for self healing is present in its nature. I could go on and on about what external situations are keeping us from achieving this but more important is to recognise that new consciousness is always dawning.

Posted : March 26, 2018 9:27 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

Ya know, this dude lives not too far from here & is a really cool guy! it's always fun to hear him on a THC episode =)

Posted : April 14, 2018 5:21 PM
Share: