European Listener

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@panzielak)
Topic starter

Hello Greg,
hello Higherside Chatters,

I'm 40, from Warsaw, Poland. Born in Jyvaskyla Finland, lived in the middle east - Beirut Lebannon in the 80's, from '91 live in Warsaw. 3 kids, 4 cats, a CAO dog, wife (or rather a life partner because in the past 20 years we never got merried).
I still haven't freed myself from the system... still have to work for money... but at least I've stopped watching tv. Permanently. From 2010 didn't watch a single program or news broadcast. Zero. Some may say that its silly or that it doesn't matter... well it matters. It does. If anyone is reading this - this is the first step. You should try it.

I lost my virginity with THC about a year ago. I am Crrows subscriber so when You had him on the show for the first time, thats when I dicovered the Inner World of THC.
Since then, I've listened to ALL the THC interviews on youtube. My appetite grew so finally I decided to join the plus... so I'm gonna be around here for a year. At least... because I didn't find a longer option than a year... like... a decade on THC just for 555 bucks, yeah - that could be a hell of a ride.

The plus is a different dimension... that extra hour changes everything. For sure not all guests are worth it... sometimes there are things really hard to swallow... like the Donald Marshall empty pool dive... but sometimes simply shit happens.

I occasionally listen to other shows... Coast when Goerge Knapp is the host, Fade to Black with Jimmy Church, Ground Zero w Clyde Lewis and lots of others depending on guests... allthough those guys are pros, years of working with the mic - they are falling into routine and walk on a short leash (producers, sponsors, station owners or whoever's above).What I really like about your show Greg, is that there is no routine, no tongue biting, no commercials, you are always well prepared and you ask the right questions. Well, sometimes you could drill your guest a little bit deeper. And there is something in the vibe of your voice. You obviously don't have the deep, low, resonating bass of James Earl Jones... but your voice does the job and its really good to listen.

Another plus of the Plus version important to me is the possibility of downloading the archives. Now I have over 10gb of great stuff that I can listen to in my truck, driving across central and western europe. (like I said, perhaps I'm not freed from the system but at least I run my own business).

My english is a bit... hmm - not that fluent in writing - hope that you'll forgive me for all the spelling, grammar and syntax mistakes... never finished any school, schools are something that I've stayed away from as far as possible. (only the absolut minimum that was required by law in Poland 😉 I always did things "my way".

Well, thats it in the introduction topic...
Glad to be here. Greg, thank you and keep the level high.

Zielak.

Posted : April 14, 2016 10:39 AM
aboveisbelow
(@aboveisbelow)
Trusted Member

Well said Zielak! We are all here for a reason. Everyone here knows that things aren't quite as they seem. Glad to have someone else aboard in a pursuit for truth and reinventing a faulty system!

Posted : April 19, 2016 1:48 AM
Share: