Clear all

The Q Virus

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jeframpton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Anyone got tips for curing a Q bug? Q has made it’s way through the States and left some of our more vulnerable loved ones with a chronic case of Q-itis. Some of the truth might be in the material but the narrative falls flat. How do you bring rational solutions to people who think their Lord and Savior is just around the corner? How to begin to show them something that goes against half of mainstream? This is going somewhere for them that is as troubling as the Vax crowd. Any sources or personal stories are appreciated.

Posted : July 13, 2021 10:21 PM
Socalfungal
(@socalfungal)
Estimable Member

You’re sweet to want to help but I think that for many it’s just too late.
No amount of reason or pulling back of the curtain is going to bring them back.

The best we can do, imho, is ask to questions, leave little tidbits of our reality and then walk away.

Posted : July 25, 2021 10:38 AM
(@jeframpton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

socalbeachbunny wrote:
You’re sweet to want to help but I think that for many it’s just too late.
No amount of reason or pulling back of the curtain is going to bring them back.

The best we can do, imho, is ask to questions, leave little tidbits of our reality and then walk away.

I think your right. What a strange reality.
I’ve tried to be gentle on people from both sides of the manipulation but I’ve noticed a doubling down of belief whenever you bring someone’s perception into question. It’ll be a weird few years..

Posted : July 25, 2021 6:15 PM
Socalfungal
(@socalfungal)
Estimable Member

Yeah man… strange times for sure.

Posted : July 25, 2021 10:35 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

jeframpton wrote:
It’ll be a weird few years..

Yup. We are in the middle of a moral panic, these kinds of things have to run their course. Best to just muddle through as best as we can.

Posted : July 26, 2021 5:01 PM
(@jeframpton)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

jdaneway wrote:
I toured a Buddhist friend of mine around the Temple Grounds in Salt Lake City. While I'm all for religious freedom, I pointed out, very judgmentally, that the LDS family planning center handed out pamphlets saying women are obligated to stay attractive for their husband, so that he is inclined to want to pro-create as many children as they can (future tithers). Utah happens to be number one in the country for plastic surgery. My Buddhist friend said to me, "That's great!" Incensed, I started to argue. "What? How is that great, telling women their only utility is as a breeder and their self esteem should be equated to their appearance?"
She said, "They are in their own state of spiritual and social evolution. It may not be where you are, but they are working things out in their own way, in their own time, and of their own accord."
It's hard to watch at times, but I think people have to come around on their own.

That’s beautiful. I’ve come to accept my deep LDS roots that I ran from as a teenager. That sort of Eastern mystical philosophy just makes you sit down for a second and look at
your own ego in the way. Thanks for that one!

Posted : August 2, 2021 8:43 PM
Share: