Trying to avoid blood pressure meds .

7 Posts
5 Users
1 Likes
FarminTruth
(@farmintruth)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

So recently I went for the ever dreaded "Check-up" that im required to have in order to keep my family physician. The only thing that came up was my elevates blood pressure .

132/87 . I realize this is high but just barely . Instead of asking about my diet and excersise , my doctor immediately wants me on meds. As a 34 year old man- i dont want to be stuck on these meds. 

For clarification - I eat mostly whole local and trustworthy food , and i excersise 4-5 times a week , along with working in a labor intensive career (carpentry plus farming) . 

I guess my question is : 

Has anyone had any success with herbal/natural remedies for elevated BP . And if so ... what were they ? 

Thanks again!

Posted : July 27, 2023 1:38 PM
Smaaaddy reacted
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member

In Jamaica soursop leaves made into a tea is used to lower blood pressure

Here is a study which concluded its benefits on a small group 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31462727/  

The juice tastes really nice 

Posted : August 4, 2023 7:35 AM
(@starlinecustoms)

Had the exact same thing but with heart palpitations. Reading was 140 over 90. Sedentary, eating junk but looked lean and athletic. Only 30 then. Turned out potassium was a bit low and salt sky high. Fortunately I could start exercising, but when it was high, after fasting and being calm, it’d be down to 114, so it was clearly a food/stress thing .Yet they gave me proponol - it’s worth checking at home if you haven’t already. A snap shot in time isn’t always reliable.

Posted : August 8, 2023 11:03 AM
SpicyGecko
(@tilerdublinoutlook-com)

Try Ormus!

Posted : August 8, 2023 11:14 PM
(@smaaaddy)
Reputable Member

https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/oils/truffle-oil.html  

Just found this as i was searching for something else 

"Blood Pressure – Since truffle oil is primarily made from olive oil with truffle flavor or concentrate, it possesses the same blood pressure-lowering properties of olive oil. However, for someone already on blood pressure medication, this can lead to a significant drop and might cause hypotension, which can also be dangerous. [9]"

Posted : August 10, 2023 12:52 PM
(@sofahkingfoxy)
Estimable Member

IMO your doc is talking loonie tunes.  This is along the same line as putting people on diabetic meds based on one test result.  They tried it with my sister, never mentioned modifying her diet and sent her home with a script she never filled.  She changed her diet on her own & her follow up test results were fine.  Blood pressure meds are heavy duty nastiness.  Good for you to question it.

I sometimes watch this Dr. Ken Berry on YT.  He has several videos on lowering BP without pharmaceuticals. I'm including a link below to one of his videos on incorrect protocol for taking blood pressure readings. (It's a short, I couldn't find the full video if there is one.)  He says most don't do it right.  He sounds like he knows what he's talking about, but do your own diligence. Every time my BP is taken it's a bit elevated so they take it again at the end of my appointment and it's lower & in a good range.  Also, my other sister who worked in a clinic for 20-30 years & took ppl's BP thousands of times has told me it's fairly common for folks to not even get the cuff on correctly.  

You're young and your BP isn't crazy high (based on my very unprofessional knowledge).  You got this.

Link to YT video

Posted : August 14, 2023 4:40 AM
FarminTruth
(@farmintruth)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey all! Thanks fod giving me multiple rabbit holes to run down ! 

Much appreciated

Posted : August 16, 2023 1:42 PM
Share: