Notifications
Clear all

Marina Abramovic and Spirit Cooking

12 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@sigrunsage)
Topic starter

Marina Abramovic is a performance artist, and one who sets all superficiality aside to meet and push her understanding of the higher teachings of the universe. She challenges what the human body can go through, to show you the beauty of the mind, and the strength of the vessel. Her wisdom, and her philosophy, has healed many people.

As of recently, she has been getting massive publicity for her "Spirit Cooking" and her relations with elite and hollywood. She has been demonized as a disgusting witch and satanist.

For the times, I would like to suggest Marina Abramovic as an interviewee.

Posted : December 11, 2017 5:50 AM
phekinefru
(@phekinefru)

Yuck - become a Navy Seal if you want to push your body:)

Posted : December 14, 2017 7:32 AM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member

There is "performance art". Then there is glorifying baby killing, cannibalism and self mutilation.
I cant seem to upload pics or links for some reason but they are easy to find. Quick google search and look at the pics, not the articles. They seem pretty....manipulated. The articles dont seem to match the search as well as the pics do.
Still I would like to hear her perspective. Probably.

Posted : December 20, 2017 1:54 AM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

fire93 wrote: Marina Abramovic is a performance artist, and one who sets all superficiality aside to meet and push her understanding of the higher teachings of the universe. She challenges what the human body can go through, to show you the beauty of the mind, and the strength of the vessel. Her wisdom, and her philosophy, has healed many people.

As of recently, she has been getting massive publicity for her "Spirit Cooking" and her relations with elite and hollywood. She has been demonized as a disgusting witch and satanist.

For the times, I would like to suggest Marina Abramovic as an interviewee.

OOoooh, what a GRRRREAT suggestion! I get her bend~ G.C. would have to bite the heads off a few chickens with her in a closet before she'd agree though..lol

Posted : April 20, 2018 3:42 AM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member

I wonder how much is a "performance". Stories of her laying naked and "allowing" "audience members" to do "whatever they want to her". Sounds to me like a stage or street magician surrounding himself with employees to effect the trick.
On the other hand the pizzagate stuff she seems to be connected to is another matter.

Posted : April 21, 2018 3:02 AM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

Good Day,Metalegs, *passes the Blueberry Pie in your direction
Where does one begin with The Artiste'.
Ms.Abramovic is FIRST & FOREMOST, a performance artist.
Most folks read those words and think they know what they mean, but really, they don't. They think all this woman does is crazy,"Satanic",cannibalistic insanity - but, like ANY ARTIST, that stuff is just one wave of expression amongst many.
For example: My first exposure to Ms.Abramovic was a live performance that involved nothing more than her sitting at a table,allowing anybody to come sit with her for a minute to look deeply into each others eyes,
EXCEPT
one of the many people that sits down is an ex-lover of 20 years that she had not seen in a long time....what happens next is sheer BEAUTY! This clip is on Youtube somewhere. I'll find it & attach it. It's amazingly moving & might help broaden ya'lls horizons on Artiste', Marina Abramovic.

P.S. She is Luciferian not a Satanist. There is a BIG DIFFERENCE!
P.S.S. Oh,here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS0Tg0IjCp4

Posted : April 21, 2018 2:05 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

This is the kind of Art that reaaaally makes an impact! Incredible performance art is SUPPOSE to shock your socks off! Otherwise, it isn't really doing it's job. If you are appalled, GOOOOD! Mission Accomplished.

Posted : April 21, 2018 2:24 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

Here is more Food for Thought:

A.)Consider what you know,have seen & have posted in the above M.A. pic
then B.)think about that lame-ass "meat dress" (a COPY of M.A.'s style) that Lady Blah Blah wore
at whatever starfucker event that was a few years ago.

One of these things is not like the other. *raises eyebrow

Posted : April 21, 2018 2:37 PM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member

Its true that I dont know a lot about her. Not my kind thing.
Gaga and Abramovic are associated. There is plenty of pics and vids with them together. Such as Gaga doing the "Abramovic method".(?)

I dont get "performance art". A cross in a bucket of piss, defecation on a flag. Dont get it. (not her, another artist)
If its about "shocking" me....? Does not compute. Reality shocks me plenty. I believe the things that are the hardest or upsets up the most have the most room for improvement. So Ive looked hard at my weak spots.

I know I am speaking from a relatively ignorant position about her. Ive read some, watched some, and listened some.
And I know things can be taken out of context.
But
I promise you wont find a picture of me sitting on a pile of dead babies, real or fake.

Here is a link to her out of print book on Spirit Cooking.
https://www.amazon.com/Spirit-cooking-essential-aphrodisiac-recipes/dp/B0006QR844

Here is a link to her Spirit Cooking video. A promo maybe? They state at the end they used faux wax figures and pigs blood.
https://youtu.be/3EsJLNGVJ7E

I just cant see how this is more art than religion. Maybe its her personal journey that people like to watch? Still covering a child effigy in blood? There is more going on than someone stretching their boundaries.

I hope this doesn't come off as hostile. Not intended in ANY way. I tend to conserve words when I write and it can seem hostile.

Posted : April 21, 2018 10:41 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

metalegs wrote: Its true that I dont know a lot about her. Not my kind thing.
Gaga and Abramovic are associated. There is plenty of pics and vids with them together. Such as Gaga doing the "Abramovic method".(?)

I dont get "performance art". A cross in a bucket of piss, defecation on a flag. Dont get it. (not her, another artist)
If its about "shocking" me....? Does not compute. Reality shocks me plenty. I believe the things that are the hardest or upsets up the most have the most room for improvement. So Ive looked hard at my weak spots.

I know I am speaking from a relatively ignorant position about her. Ive read some, watched some, and listened some.
And I know things can be taken out of context.
But
I promise you wont find a picture of me sitting on a pile of dead babies, real or fake.

Here is a link to her out of print book on Spirit Cooking.
https://www.amazon.com/Spirit-cooking-essential-aphrodisiac-recipes/dp/B0006QR844

Here is a link to her Spirit Cooking video. A promo maybe? They state at the end they used faux wax figures and pigs blood.
https://youtu.be/3EsJLNGVJ7E

I just cant see how this is more art than religion. Maybe its her personal journey that people like to watch? Still covering a child effigy in blood? There is more going on than someone stretching their boundaries.

I hope this doesn't come off as hostile. Not intended in ANY way. I tend to conserve words when I write and it can seem hostile.

Hey hey,

I hear where you are coming from. Fortunately, performance art-like this podcast- isn't meant for everyone. That's totally cool. You realize she really isn't into all those things you listed personally,in real life,right? It's just a persona. Like Mr. Rogers is a persona.

What disturbs me more than cannibalism is the fact folks these days don't appear to be able to tell the difference anymore.:(

I appreciate your consideration & courteous reply. In my experience so far-almost everyone here is pretty laid back, not too quick to wrath....unless you misspell one little word,of course. Then the gloves come off..lol

What kind of Artsy stuff do you vibe with? What kind of music do you get into?

Posted : April 21, 2018 11:19 PM
(@metalegs)
Estimable Member

You know, I had not considered that its an act. Maybe thats all it is. She sure seems to influence some pretty high powered people whatever she is doing!

Either way if her intention is to make me uncomfortable, she hit a home run!

genxgemini wrote: What kind of Artsy stuff do you vibe with? What kind of music do you get into?

There isnt much art I appreciate, Van Goths Stary Night is one. da Vinci. Pretty easy stuff to digest and the lore is as attractive as anything. Music wise I am into pretty standard classic rocker/punk/ect.

Posted : April 22, 2018 6:28 PM
(@genxgemini)
Honorable Member

HA! I hear ya. Knocked it all the way out of the park,did she? 😉
ME TOO. That's why I like her. Thanks for your interaction,yo

Posted : April 24, 2018 2:09 PM
Share: