Clear all

Any help with how to submit a religious exemption

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Paul v
(@pfvw06)
Topic starter

I am a hospice nurse in Oregon. As of today our governor has mandated all healthcare workers be vaccinated by mid October or 6 weeks after FAD approval(expected in the next week or so).

Is there anyone in the community that can point me in the right direction for support to create religious exemption letter?

Any help would be very greatly appreciated. I'm pretty concerned. I'm the only one employed after all the shutdowns here. We have three kiddos.

This was the request from employee health.
Religious exemption info:

We are asking caregivers to submit a written statement to their manager a description of the reason for the religious exemption. Information that is helpful includes:

• Statements and explanations from the employee that discuss the nature and tenets of his or her asserted beliefs and information about when, where, and how they follow the practice or belief
  • Written religious materials describing the religious belief or practice
  • Written statements or other documents from third parties, such as religious leaders, practitioners, or others with whom the employee has discussed his or her beliefs, or who have observed the employee's past adherence

Posted : August 20, 2021 2:09 AM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

Write what you need too, best to claim something "Christian" but weird, 7th day adventist/Johovah's witnesses style.

Don't be afraid to borderline forge shit in terms of "third parties", if you are a hospice nurse, you're desperately needed I'm sure, and you're employer will be looking for a reason/excuse to keep you on.

Don't know how it will go in Oregon, but when they "mandated" weekly Covid testing for me (I worked in healthcare), I just didn't do it. Nothing happened, never heard anything about it except for bulk emails scolding the whole hospital because apparently on 70% of people ever bother to do their "mandatory testing".

Edit: Just make the religious exemption claim, if they don't just perfunctory accept it, threaten to sue (in writing) 90% they will back down. They don't really believe in this shit any more than you do and don't want to go to court. If they still push, then you are fucked and either have to quit or take the mark of the beast.

PPS: Also, it feels hyperbolic, but I wouldn't be honest if I didn't come out and say it. Be prepared to get out. Go to some state that isn't psychotically committed to this nonsense while you can.

Posted : August 20, 2021 2:47 AM
(@orchid20)
Estimable Member

My roommate's brother is also an OR employee and is considering the religious exemption as well.

I forwarded him the disclosure statements from solari.com but he is pretty convinced that he will forfeit his impending retirement if he pushes back.

There are more people angry about this than happy about it, even in the Portland area. I wish I had a better solution on an individual level other than to just not give in.

What is giving our joke of a governor the implied power to "mandate" this? The emergency declaration. It can and has been overturned in some states like Ohio (check out the recent THC episode with Pam Popper where she explains how) and I believe there was an attempt early on over here but it was thrown out by corrupt judges. I'm not sure how or if it can be attempted again under these circumstances.

One thing I will say about Brown is that she is scared. Before she pulls this stupid crap she waits for Inslee and Gruesome to do it first. If it's Brown, flush it down!

Ugh! I'm so angry for you now...

Anyway, here's a link that has a religious exemption form for download if you scroll down (referred by Solari, so should be safe): https://news.gab.com/category/free-speech/

Posted : August 20, 2021 5:35 AM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

jdaneway wrote:
And thus it begins . . . . I seriously think we should start our own religion.

Danesy, you are speakin my language. You wanna talk about building a religion with me?

I only got problems with number 4.

I don't wanna release ALL fear. Hopefully one day I'll be rescuing some hotty from a burning building and that fear can make my body do things it normally can't. Adrenaline is GREAT stuff in small doses, right? Granny lifts car off grandson type shit...

I still wanna want stuff. I wanna strive for shit down here, because up there there's no struggle. I don't want to escape this life and escape myself. I want to perfect myself so my life grows bigger. I want to take on new and more interesting challenges.

I can totally work with "surrender and achieve liberation from your prison construct." I don't think it means what you think it means, though. 🙂

Hey, babe, you ever wanna talk shop, I'm down.

You are far more powerful than they will ever tell you.

Posted : August 23, 2021 11:57 PM
 JH
(@jh)
Reputable Member

fifthcolumn wrote:
I still wanna want stuff. I wanna strive for shit down here, because up there there's no struggle. I don't want to escape this life and escape myself. I want to perfect myself so my life grows bigger. I want to take on new and more interesting challenges.

I can totally work with "surrender and achieve liberation from your prison construct." I don't think it means what you think it means, though. 🙂

Hey, babe, you ever wanna talk shop, I'm down.

I...think I sympathize. Outside the prison is a greater prison. The only way to "free" yourself is to be like the perps in that old John Claude Van Damme movie "Death Warrant" and take over the prison for yourselves.

Posted : August 24, 2021 12:43 AM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

jh1517 wrote:
The only way to "free" yourself is to be like the perps in that old John Claude Van Damme movie "Death Warrant" and take over the prison for yourselves.

We could hijack a religion that was already here. Turn it into something empowering, rather than parasitical.

Dare to dream, right?

Posted : August 24, 2021 9:36 PM
(@jack_daft)
Estimable Member

fifthcolumn wrote:
We could hijack a religion that was already here. Turn it into something empowering, rather than parasitical.

Dare to dream, right?

Can I submit the remnants of Aum Shinrikyo as being ripe for the picking?

Posted : August 25, 2021 12:00 AM
fifthcolumn
(@fifthcolumn)
Honorable Member

jack_daft wrote:
Can I submit the remnants of Aum Shinrikyo as being ripe for the picking?

Jack,

I like where your head is at, man! I think the terrorist list is a plus, to be honest... But I think Danesy's right. Some a them Aum boys might stand up. I like what yer thinkin, though - start small, get a feel for it, then on to bigger prey. But test the game with some push overs first. Ones ya know ain't gonna go all hack and slash over it. I suggest the Methodists.

Danesy,

Would your religion teach a strong grasp of Good and Evil?

Would it teach that a person can become God? Or a minor diety in His overall game? Whatever His you wanna believe in. Because that's a real big one for me. The Lil Naz X video of him seducing and beating the devil IS the satanic programming today. The notion that you can beat the devil at his own game and rule this planet.

I want somebody far smarter than me - and any human I've ever met - in control of the overall universe/game. I'd rather the game was a "supervised" or "overwatched" co-creation sandbox. Rather than a race to own it all or escape my human form.

Posted : August 26, 2021 2:33 AM
Share: